I whipped up a couple of new curtains yesterday for the front door and window using an sheer panel from IKEA. The fabric was a little tricky because the flower petals are stiff and the rest is a very soft mesh, but I used the zigzag stitch on my sewing machine (a first for me) and that worked well. I think that slipping another café curtain rod (I use the $3 cheapies from Target) along the bottom will help the window curtain hang more smoothly.
The front entry seems to get so much more light now! Well, that’s probably also because I took the screen door off. I was feeling industrious yesterday.